Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Term 1 Plan -Statistical Inference As91264(2.9)-second topic


Use statistical methods to make an inference






















There will be no pre-test for this topic as they would have already
done an assignment (Investigation) type of assessment for Statistics
last year for As1.10(Bivariate data) and As 1.11(Multivariate data).
I will explain the deadlines and expectations.
This is an investigation topic but the data is provided.
I will use PPDAC cycle and technology (google docs, SAMR model)
and NZ GRAPHER to draw graphs for this assignment.
I am going to use literacy strategy (Three level guide, vocab jumble) ,
PEE L structure chain to draw analysis and conclusion.
I will let the students do a practice assignment in class so
that they can use the same skills for the internal they will
do at home.  
As it is a huge jump from L1 to L2, I will focus on repetitive
practise of the PPDAC cycle so that students can achieve
merits and excellence.
I am going to offer Friday after school help.
I am going to provide online feedback for the assignment
for the practice test. I believe giving students comprehensive
feedback on the practice assignments will enable improvement

of a mark for the real assessment. I am going to use group activities
for the teaching of the writing element of this assessment
and then collate all the ideas in a class discussion.
E.g. Making a question, analysis (centre, unusual points,

spread, shift/overlap and shape,) conclusion.

At the end of the topic, they will do the internal at home and
I will compare these results with the practice assignments given
in class.
At the end of the topic, I am going to give the students a
questionnaire
(google form) with the following questions;
I really enjoy this unit/ I didn’t enjoy this unit
I found this useful/not useful
Comment-



No comments:

Post a Comment