Wednesday, March 21, 2018

MY FOCUS


Inquiry 

INSPIRING

I want to lift academic achievement among students who identify with 
Maori ethnicity in my Year 12 MAC class. I will identify which of these
 students have a history of struggling with particular topics in previous 
years, mainly Year 11, to help improve their learning and for them to 
achieve at a similar level to the rest of the class.

SPECIFIC

I will use the student's academic records (data) from Year 11 (2017), to
 identify and work one on one with struggling Year 12 Mac Maori students
 so that they can gain endorsements (M/E) in Mathematics.  

MEASURABLE
 Before each topic begins I will identify (based on 2017 results) the previous
 achievement for the same topic/standard for each student, if possible.
 Sometimes the standard may not progress any further.
I will record the names of these students in my planner and meet with these 
students at least once a week to work one on one. This will take place in class
 time.   I will also encourage them to attend Friday afterschool help sessions.

ACHIEVABLE

Meeting one on one with each Year 12MAc student ( Maori descent) on the list
 at least once a week is manageable because I see my 12MAC class several times
 a week and I usually have independent work time where I can go around and work
 one on with individuals. 

RESULTS ORIENTED
 After each internal or end of the topic test for the externals, I will look at 
my classes results to see how my target students results compared with the 
rest of the class. 

TIME BOUND

This will be my inquiry focus for the whole year of 2018


No comments:

Post a Comment