Saturday, June 30, 2018

As91269(2.14) Apply systems of equations in solving problems(internal) -2 credits


Plan:
I am currently teaching Algebra, which is an external topic, and I have covered 2/3 of the content. I have decided to take a pause from teaching this topic to start teaching AS91269. This is because what I have taught so far will be fundamental knowledge for this internal topic. I will continue teaching the rest of Algebra next term after this new topic. 

I have decided to use group  activities so students have repetitive 
practice on where,
  • find the points where a straight line and curves meet.
  • The curves are Parabolas, circles, and Hyperbolas.
  • In each case, they may not meet at all, or they may meet at one or two points.
  • Solving the equations of the straight line and curve simultaneously will reduce to a quadratic function.
  • Solving will tell where do they meet.
  • Finding the discriminant will tell the number points at where they meet.
I will use check, chunk and chew technique to recognise the 
the nature of the graph.
I have decided to spend more time on devising a strategy to
 investigate or solve a problem, identifying relevant concepts in 
context, developing a chain of logical reasoning, or proof and 
forming a generalization. This will be useful for merit and Excellence.

No comments:

Post a Comment