Saturday, June 23, 2018

As91261(2.6) Apply algebraic methods in solving problems(4 credits). External

I made the following planning decisions:I began my lesson with a pre-test. I marked it and used the results to guide my teaching approach.I have decided to use group matching activities and jigsaw puzzles, repetitive practice in word problems and ‘Do Now’s for skill practice.I have decided to spend more time with hard factorising, rearranging and word problems during Thursday and Friday after school as these seem to be more difficult areas judging from the pre-test.
I am going to give lots of practice during the holiday break focusing on Expanding brackets, Simplifying, Solving Linear and Quadratics, rearranging and substitution and log rules. Immediately after using these strategies, I am going to ask for their feedback. I hope their feedback will give me insight into how successful these approaches have been. I am going to give them a practice test next term.





No comments:

Post a Comment