Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Term 2 Plan Trigonometry 2.4(AS91259-internal -3 credits)

Term2-Topic 1-Trigonometry-Apply trigonometric relationships 
in solving problems
Actions and Reflections

Achievement
Achievement with Merit
Achievement with Excellence
·       Apply trigonometric relationships in solving problems.
·       Apply trigonometric relationships, using relational thinking, in solving problems.
·       Apply trigonometric relationships, using extended abstract thinking, in solving problems.

I have been working my way through trigonometry (2.4) with my 12MAC class.
I have chosen 3 Maori students for my enquiry.
I began my lesson with a pre-test which I marked to use as a guide to my teaching
approach.
This is a topic where I am going to use the graphics calculator and resource sheet.
I am going to apply the Chunk, Chew, and Check strategy to teach this topic and send
online lessons. I will use this technique to work out the sides/angles, calculate circular
 shapes using sine rule, cosine rule.
 I have decided to spend more time devising a strategy to investigate or solve a problem,
 identifying relevant concepts in context, developing a chain of logical reasoning and
working backward with trig formulae. This will be useful for merit and excellence questions.
Immediately after using these strategies, I am going to ask for their feedback. I hope their
feedback will give me insight into how successful these approaches have been.
I am going to give them a practice test (herb gardens).
I have started after school support sessions on Thursdays and Fridays to give more one to
one support to students in order to improve their external results.
Also at the end of the topic, I am going to give the students a questionnaire with the following
 questions;
I really enjoy this unit/ I didn’t enjoy this unit, I found this useful/not useful and comment





No comments:

Post a Comment